Inspired by ages gone by, yet using modern techniques, Crane's range of National Trust summerhouses is both affordable and beautiful. They are real gardener's retreats, with traditional design features such as vertical sawn boards and corrugated roofs and come in an attractive colour palette to suit any garden.
Inspiration came from summerhouses at several of our places scattered around East Anglia. Crane visited and photographed many of these, researching materials and construction and, in collaboration with us, drew their designs for a real gardener's delight!
These summerhouses are constructed from FSC Scandinavian redwood and made in Norfolk by skilled craftsmen.
- Made to order and delivered and installed by the supplier
- Under 2.5m high to meet modern planning requirements
- Traditionally styled cross leaded windows with toughened glass
- Cast iron Fleur-de-Leys hinges and door furniture with a mortice lock
- 'Olden style' black corrugated apex roofing over a pine tongue and groove ceiling
- Traditionally cladded using vertical sawn boards
- Two opening windows.
*Please note the bespoke nature of these summerhouses means it can take up to 12 weeks for installation to be complete
- Side walls: 12 x 150mm sawn cladding topped by 16 x 38mm sawn cladding on 38 x 50mm planed framing.
- Doors: One pair of joinery made, double doors 1830mm wide x 1100mm. ¾ glazed with 4mm toughened safety glass and cross leaded.
- Fitted with a mortice lock and finished with black Fleur-de-Leys hinges and door handles.
- Windows: 4 Cross leaded, 4mm toughened safety glass windows set into a joinery made frame. 2 of the windows opening and furnished with black Fleur-de-Leys casement stays and window fasteners.
- Floor: 19 x 125mm tongue and groove floorboards on 38 x 50mm tantalised planed floor joists set at no more than 450mm centres. Roof: 19 x 125mm tongue and groove roof boarding on 38 x 50mm frame covered with corrugated roof sheeting.
- Height : Under 2.5m to the ridge and an internal eave height of 1.8m.
- Colour: Your building is painted with a coat of microporous paint.
Sorry, there are no reviews.